Old San Juan Hotel

Old San Juan Hotel

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Letters and Paper Promises Raining From the Sky



sitting in an orchard of destruction
watching paper promises fall from the sky
letters symbolic of nuclear snowfall
dead red berries clung to the branches
silently weeping tears of blood
praying to whatever gods berries pray to
that they would suffocate in the blizzard
of letters falling from the sky

sitting all alone in an orchard of destruction
letters you wrote to me
words you spoke to me
I wrote them all down to keep your memory alive
that ghost that you became
it crowded into my head and exploded out my eyes
and blizzards ensuing
choking out my tears
letters falling from the sky

sitting in this orchard of destruction
once upon a time so alone but not anymore
about the stroke of midnight
the moon came out its rays calmed the storm
falling letters bound themselves into
tiny little novels chapterizing our time together
written words that we shared
slowly becoming epitaphs
monuments to the love we once shared
marred now only by the sight
of letters falling from the sky

sitting in this orchard of destruction
berry’s blood fell asphyxiated
drawing perfect red lines
on the letters that fall from the sky
creating a blueprint (redprint)
becoming a plan for the future
making my pain the destroyer
making my hope the architect
subtleties that intertwine the lines
create a work of art for my heart to follow
all because in that instant
letters fell from the sky

(c) 2013 p.hill

No comments:

Post a Comment